After “Brillante sobre el mic” with Ángela Aguilar, “Sasha, Sissí y el círculo de baba” in duet with Mon Laferte, and “La Verónica” together with Nathy Peluso, the legendary Argentinian artist Fito Paez now premieres the official video for “La Rueda Mágica”, featuring Andrés Calamaro and Conociendo Rusia.
The images were captured on performance during Fito’s concert on July 16th, 2023, at Auditorio Paco Martín of Parque Torres, Cartagena (Murcia) as part of his TOUR EL AMOR 30 AÑOS DESPUÉS DEL AMOR in Spain. His fellow guest colleagues in the album version, Andrés Calamaro and Mateo Sujatovich (Conociendo Rusia), were also featured on stage to recreate this energetic version live during that magical evening.
In Fito’s own words: “Charly García and Andrés Calamaro were part of the original version of the song, as I felt there always was a strong bond between us three along the way and that, eventually, we had all left home to play Rock & Roll music, as the lyrics go. Life went on, time passed, and I became a fan of a band named Coki & the Killer Burritos, which has a very special way of setting up its song’s bases: drums and guitars without bass, a format we now took as reference to set up the new intro. And then I thought that Charly’s vocals could now be sang by Calamaro, and that his own vocals should be performed by an artist that nowadays continues his legacy, Mateo Sujatovich. When they both sing together, they create an incredible sound”.
The album EADDA9223 has been widely accepted in all Spanish-speaking countries and the US-hispanic audience due to Fito‘s brilliant performance along with the notable artists who accompany him, and above all for supporting the concept that any musical work can be revisited, especially when it comes from the hand of its own author.
The iconic Argentine singer, composer, and pianist has been nominated in the prestigious “Album Of The Year” category at the 2023 Latin GRAMMY® for this masterpiece. The acclaimed album was also selected by Billboard Magazine in the United States as one of the 23 Best Latin Albums of the Year so far and Paez is on the cover of Billboard Argentina’s 10th Anniversary Issue. In addition, it is #2 in Rolling Stone En Español Best 2023 Albums list, while Fito earned two nominations for the first edition of the magazine’s awards.
Recently, Paez has started a new leg of his successful tour through Central and South America, including more arena shows in his homeland and a massive concert in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Produced by Rebolución
Filmmakers: Lasister & Naked (Felipe Gómez Aparicio / Diego Guijarro)
Executive producers: Ramón Corominas / Sete Ledo
Cinematographers: Román Martínez de Bujo & Diego Guijarro
Editors: Manu Dondas / Nerea Muguerza
01. El amor después del amor – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez
02. Dos días en la vida – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez, Lali & Nicki Nicole
03. La Verónica – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez & Nathy Peluso
04. Tráfico por Katmandú – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez & Elvis Costello
05. Pétalo de sal – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez & Chico Buarque
06. Sasha, Sissi y el círculo de baba – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez & Mon Laferte
07. Un vestido y un amor – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez & Marisa Monte
08. Tumbas de la gloria – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez & María Castillo de Lima
09. La rueda mágica – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez, Andrés Calamaro & Conociendo Rusia
10. Creo – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez
11. Detrás del muro de los lamentos – EADDA9223 // Fito Páez, Antonio Carmona & Estrella Morente
12. La balada de Donna Helena – EADDA9223 // Fito Paez, WOS & CA7RIEL
13. Brillante sobre el mic – EADDA9223 // Fito Paez & Ángela Aguilar
14. A rodar mi vida – EADDA9223 // Fito Paez, David Lebón & Leiva
Follow FITO PAEZ on: