The Responsible Gambling Affiliate Association (RGAA), founded by the six major US gambling affiliates, will serve as a trade association to advocate for reasonable regulation, responsible advertising, and consumer protection.
We are proud to announce the formation of the RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING AFFILIATE ASSOCIATION, a coalition of like-minded companies dedicated to nurturing an environment where gambling affiliate companies can serve the commercial needs of the regulated online gambling market.
The RGAA’s mission is to champion responsible gambling marketing and advertising practices, empower gambling affiliate companies to influence sensible regulation, and protect consumer interests, while effectively participating in the market.
Comprising six major players in the US online gambling affiliate sector, the Association includes Better Collective, Catena Media, Gambling.com Group, oddschecker Global Media, Spotlight Sports Group, and XLMedia plc. These initial members have recognized that affiliate marketing providers must participate in broader industry initiatives in the United States to advocate for sensible advertising regulation that balances consumer protection and the practicalities of digital advertising.
Although gambling affiliates are subject to significant regulation, there is potential for further improvement in elevating the standards of the affiliate marketing sector.
The new trade association is built on five strategic pillars:
- Promotion of Competitive Gambling Markets, emphasizing the importance of open and competitive online gambling markets to ensure consumers can access a diverse selection of modern online gambling services.
- Industry Education through developing an upcoming slate of initiatives to heighten visibility and generate greater recognition within the gambling sector for gambling affiliates, including inviting additional businesses to join in time.
- Consumer Protection, Empowerment, and Choice that steers consumers toward their locally licensed and regulated options, promoting greater product innovation, elevated customer service standards and maximized consumer experience.
- Advertising Codes of Conduct to ensure ethical marketing and advertising practices that play an important role in minimizing problem gambling while serving the commercial needs of the broader gambling industry.
- Responsible Business Practices based on thoughtful dedication, intelligent advocacy and a profound sense of responsibility toward both the industry and the consumers it serves.
The Association is currently in the process of hiring a permanent President to act as the figurehead of the organization and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of responsible affiliate practices, advocating the needs and interests of its members, fostering collaboration with industry stakeholders, and advocating for the highest standards of integrity. A forthcoming announcement will be made once an RGAA President has been appointed.