Luminary, a subscription podcast network, announced today the launch of The Midnight Miracle, a salon style show that releases its first two episodes today. The Midnight Miracle is created and hosted by Talib Kweli, yasiin bey, and Dave Chappelle, and features guests from among the country’s most influential cultural icons. The show was recorded in Ohio in the summer of 2020, and provides a glimpse into a very interesting season in the lives of the hosts and their friends.
Episode One and Two of The Midnight Miracle dropped today. Episode One is available to all listeners for free on the Luminary app, across social media channels – including Instagram and YouTube – and on Apple Podcasts. Episode Two and all subsequent episodes of the show will be available only to Luminary subscribers on the Luminary app. For subscription information, visit luminarypodcasts.com. The Midnight Miracle will also be available to Luminary channel subscribers on Apple Podcasts when the platform launches its subscription offering later this month, and it will be released for purchase on vinyl.
- The episode includes audio clips featuring Robin Williams and Richard Pryor, and music from Amy Winehouse, Aretha Franklin, Robert Glasper, The Roots, and Stevie Wonder.
- Featured guests in order of appearance include Radio Rahim, Mo Amer, Chris Rock, Donnell Rawlings, Jarobi White, and Questlove.
- Kweli and bey’s hip hop duo Black Star premier new original music in this episode, which is their first new composition in more than 20 years.
- The episode includes audio clips from Alex Jones, Donald Trump, and Rush Limbaugh.
- Featured guests in order of appearance include Questlove, Radio Rahim, Lamorne Morris, and Jon Hamm.
“Making a podcast isn’t the obvious next move for me, but it’s the right one. The Midnight Miracle gives you a look into how me and my friends process the world around us, and I think it will change the way listeners think of what a podcast can be,”said Chappelle.