- Audi A7 55 TFSI meets stringent criteria to be named with IIHS’s highest designation
- Audi A7 earned highest rating of “Good” in all crashworthiness testing
- Standard automatic emergency braking and headlights also helped A7 achieve results
The 2021 Audi A7 55 TFSI has been named a 2020 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) “Top Safety Pick+,” the highest designation awarded. Powered by a 3.0-liter TFSI® V6, the 2021 Audi A7 55 TFSI joins the 2020 A6, A6 allroad and all-electric e-tron Sportback as 2020 Top Safety Pick+ recipients.
In 2020 IIHS testing, the 2021 Audi A7 55 TFSI earned the top “Good” rating in all six crashworthiness performance evaluations. All vehicles, standard equipped with Audi pre sense® front, achieved “superior” ratings for the Front Crash Prevention tests. The A7 earned an “Acceptable” rating with its standard LED headlights whose 5500K headlight temperature gives a cool, daylight-level illumination. Additionally, an “Acceptable”-rated Matrix-design LED headlight option is available in A7 Premium Plus and Prestige trims.
The A7 offers a full suite of standard and available driver assistance features, designed to help drivers confidently navigate the road and traffic. Driver assistance features include:
- Standard Audi pre sense® front uses a camera to monitor the area in front of the vehicle and helps detect pedestrians and cyclists in the vehicle’s path at speeds of up to 52 mph, providing visual and acoustic warnings to help alert the driver to potentially hazardous situations, and can initiate braking when a potential collision is detected. Audi pre sense® can detect vehicles and provide warnings up to its top track speed in A7 models.
- In the case of an impending collision, standard Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to help prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes beginning to close the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts.
- Available Audi side assist provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Available Audi Active Lane Assist helps to keep the driver within the driving lane through corrective steering intervention and adjustable steering wheel vibration, at speeds above 37 mph.
- Available Rear cross-traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can help inform the driver of approaching vehicles and, in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- Available Adaptive Cruise Assist (ACA) is a “hands-on” system that helps the driver with acceleration and braking, maintaining speed and following distance, and with lane tracking over a speed range of 0-95 mph and during traffic jam situations.
- Available Top view camera with Virtual 360° view system uses four wide angle 360-degree cameras to view the entire area immediately surrounding, projected on the MMI screen, allowing the driver to see around the vehicle to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
For more details on IIHS Top Safety Pick Ratings, visit http://www.iihs.org/.
For information on the Audi A7, please visit audiusa.com.