Hyundai Motor America reported total September sales of 68,961 units, a 16% increase compared with September 2022. Hyundai set total sales records in September for Elantra HEV (+2%), IONIQ 5 (+203%), Santa Fe (+26%), Santa Fe PHEV (+1125%), Santa Fe HEV (+97%), Tucson (+33%), Tucson PHEV (+950%), Tucson HEV (+95%) and Santa Cruz (+5%).
“September was led by record sales from our Tucson and Santa Fe lineup, which signals customers are choosing these models for outstanding value and different powertrain options,” said Randy Parker, CEO, Hyundai Motor America. “We are in great shape to finish the year strong with our all-new Kona and increased sales from our IONIQ lineup of electric vehicles.”
September Retail Highlights
Hyundai sold 60,425 retail units in September, a 2% year-over-year increase from September 2022. September retail sales were led by IONIQ 5, Santa Fe PHEV, Santa Fe HEV, Tucson PHEV, Tucson HEV and Santa Cruz. Hyundai eco-friendly vehicle sales of 13,508 represented 22% of retail and a 95% year-over-year increase. SUVs represented 78% of the retail sales mix, a 10% increase year-over-year.
In the third quarter, Hyundai total sales were 200,534 units, a 9% increase over Q3 2022 sales. Hyundai also set new Q3 total and retail sales records for IONIQ 5, Santa Fe PHEV, Santa Fe HEV, Tucson PHEV, Tucson HEV and Santa Cruz. For the quarter, Hyundai fleet sales remained at 10%.
September Total Sales Summary
|Sep-23||Sep-22||% Chg||Q3 2023||Q3 2022||% Chg||2023 YTD||2022 YTD||% Chg|
September Product and Corporate Activities
- Hyundai’s Multi-Billion Dollar Contribution to the United States Economy: Hyundai’s investments of over $12.6 billion in electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing in the U.S. to generate over 50,000 new jobs positions the company to be a leading provider of EVs in the U.S.
- Hyundai Opens World-Class Safety Test and Investigation Laboratory in Michigan: Hyundai Motor North America (HMNA) and Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc., (HATCI) celebrated the opening of their $51.4 million Safety Test and Investigation Laboratory (STIL) in Superior Township, Mich.
- 2023 IONIQ 6 Awarded TOP SAFETY PICK+ Rating by the IIHS: Hyundai’s award-winning 2023 IONIQ 6 electric vehicle has been awarded a TOP SAFETY PICK+ (TSP+) designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- IONIQ 6 Powertrain Named One of Wards 10 Best Engines & Propulsion Systems: The powertrain in Hyundai’s all-electric IONIQ 6 sedan was named one of the 2023 Wards 10 Best Engines & Propulsion Systems.
- 2024 Santa Cruz Earned Top Pick: Best Urban Pickup by Cars.com: Hyundai’s 2024 Santa Cruz has earned a Top Pick: Best Urban Pickup designation from Cars.com in its inaugural Pickup Truck Buying Guide.
- Hyundai Offers Complimentary Charger, Installation Assistance for EV Customers: Hyundai is now offering customers who purchase or lease select Hyundai EVs a complimentary ChargePoint Home Flex Level 2 charger and up to $600 off installation using the Hyundai Home Marketplace.
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Commemorates Childhood Cancer Awareness Month: Hyundai Hope On Wheels, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization supported by Hyundai Motor America and its 830 U.S. dealers, celebrated a milestone year with Hyundai global leaders, members of congress, doctors, and researchers at its 25th Anniversary Gala.
Model Total Sales
|Vehicles||Sep-23||Sep-22||% Chg||Q3 2023||Q3 2022||% Chg||2023 YTD||2022 YTD||% Chg|
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America focuses on ‘Progress for Humanity’ and smart mobility solutions. Hyundai offers U.S. consumers a technology-rich lineup of cars, SUVs, and electrified vehicles. Our 830 dealers sold more than 724,000 vehicles in the U.S. in 2022, and nearly half were built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. For more information, visit www.hyundainews.com.
Hyundai Motor America