The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that the first-ever 2023 Genesis Electrified G80 has been designated as TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS. With this award, the Electrified G80 joins GV60, GV70, GV80, G70 (applies only to vehicles built after June 2021), G80, and G90 as IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS for 2022. This marks the fourth year in a row that the entire Genesis lineup of eligible tested vehicles has earned top honors from IIHS.
“Genesis continues to prioritize safety at the forefront of everything we do,” said Claudia Marquez, chief operating officer of Genesis Motor North America. “We are pleased with this recognition from IIHS, further highlighting the importance we put on keeping our customers safe.”
All Genesis models are equipped with a comprehensive suite of state-of-the-art active and passive safety technologies including Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keep Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Warning and more. Each vehicle in the Genesis line-up offers a standard suite of advanced safety features that help avoid crashes and provide advanced occupant protection when crashes do occur. These advanced safety systems enabled the Electrified G80 to earn the IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS award.
“We are pleased to earn this IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK PLUS award recognizing our high standards for safety in the Electrified G80 and across our lineup,” said Brian Latouf, global chief safety officer of Genesis.
Genesis vehicles are equipped with the latest in safety and driver assistance technologies, including:
- Eight or more standard airbags, including some of the only front center airbags on the market in all models introduced from 2021, helping to protect front cabin occupants in the event of a collision
- Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist, which can help mitigate the risks of collisions with detected vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists in certain conditions
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist, helping reduce the chance of potential impact with a vehicle that is detected in the blind spot
- An innovative platform – with strong focus on safety – including passenger compartment protection and reinforcement areas using advanced high strength steel for rigidity and safety.
- Genesis Connected Services and Connected Care:
– Starting with all new 2023 models, Genesis vehicles now come included with Connected Care, with no expiration. Connected Care provides an always-on connection allowing for peace-of-mind safety features like Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, and SOS Emergency Assistance when the vehicle has access to a cellular network connection.