New Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye and Its 797-horsepower Supercharged HEMI® High-output Engine Drive 2019 Challenger Lineup
• Dodge launches most powerful SRT Hellcat lineup ever
• The new 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car
◦ Most powerful production V-8 engine with 797 horsepower and 707 lb.-ft. of torque
◦ Quickest production muscle car with 0-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration of 3.4 seconds
◦ Fastest grand touring (GT) production car with a ¼-mile elapsed time (E.T.) of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph; and reaches a new top speed of 203 mph
• 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat boasts new rating of 717 horsepower and 656 lb.-ft. of torque
• A new dual-snorkel hood on all Hellcat models pays homage to the distinctive Dodge design themes from some of its most famous muscle cars, including the 1970 Dart Swinger and 1971 Demon
• Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody features the same fender flares from SRT Hellcat Widebody, which add 3.5 inches to the overall width
• R/T Scat Pack Widebody rides on sticky 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires mounted to 20 x 11-inch forged “Devil’s Rim” aluminum wheels
• All 2019 R/T Scat Pack models feature the power-bulge aluminum hood with heat extractors formerly featured on the Challenger SRT Hellcat
• Challenger R/T and GT RWD models get standard high-performance suspension
June 28, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
No rest for the wicked, indeed.
Dodge continues to push the performance envelope in 2019, using its high-performance engine street credibility to elevate its entire Challenger lineup, introducing the most powerful supercharged SRT Hellcat lineup ever with horsepower output now starting at 717.
And that’s just the beginning.
Following a record-setting year with the introduction of the limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – the quickest, fastest and most powerful muscle car ever – Dodge//SRT is going back to its muscle car roots by taking its biggest, most powerful engine – the supercharged HEMI® Demon V-8 – and leveraging its enormous power output to boost the performance of the Hellcat. The result: the 797-horsepower 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye.
“With 840 horsepower, a 9.65 quarter-mile time and Guinness World Record certification that it’s the first production car to lift the wheels at launch, the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon earned its place in the record books,” said Steve Beahm – Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “The Dodge Brothers would be proud that we’re leveraging the power and performance of this proven engine to bring a Demon-possessed Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye to an even wider high-performance enthusiast audience.”
Also new for 2019, Dodge offers the Widebody Package on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack model, which adds 3.5 inches to the overall width, improving handling and braking to the naturally aspirated muscle car. At the track, larger six-piston Brembo front brakes, wider wheels and tires, and suspension upgrades featured on the R/T Scat Pack Widebody equate to 2-second faster lap times or approximately 12 car lengths at a 2.1-mile road course, compared with the non-Widebody Challenger R/T Scat Pack.
Production of the 2019 Dodge Challenger lineup starts at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly Plant in the fall of 2018, with vehicles starting to arrive in dealerships in the fourth quarter.