MITCHELL TENPENNY TO PERFORM NO. 1 HIT “DRUNK ME” AND UPCOMING SINGLE “ALCOHOL YOU LATER”
ON ABC’S JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE! TOMORROW NIGHT
Powerhouse vocalist and country music breakout star Mitchell Tenpenny will make his late night national television debut tomorrow night on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” with performances of his RIAA platinum-certified, No. 1 single “Drunk Me,” and upcoming single “Alcohol You Later” from his debut album Telling All My Secrets (Riser House/Columbia Nashville). The 11-song project which released December 14 earned Tenpenny the best country first-week showing for a major label debut album last year, amassing 20,000 units.
“Drunk Me,” which The New York Times named one of the Best Songs of the Year (all genres) and made multiple Amazon Music “Most Played” and “Best Of” year-end lists, fueled a breakout year for Tenpenny, who not only co-wrote the track with Jordan Schmidt and Justin Wilson, but also served as co-producer.
Last week, “Drunk Me” achieved the No. 1 position on Nielsen’s Country On-Demand Audio Stream chart. Now totaling over 160 million streams, “Drunk Me” officially impacted country radio on March 26, garnering 60 combined Billboard and Country Aircheck/Mediabase stations. With 52 Mediabase adds, this cinched Tenpenny’s impact add week total to be the best for a country debut single in two years. In fact, the last country artist to achieve this many impact week adds was Tenpenny’s label mate Maren Morris with her debut single, “My Church” in January 2016. Upon its release, “Drunk Me” also made chart history by achieving the highest entry ever for a new artist on Nielsen’s On Demand Audio Core Country Streaming chart. The single debuted at No. 39 with a total of 1.5 million streams.
Telling All My Secrets is available to download and stream HERE.
The buzz around Tenpenny continues to build, as he was recently named one of Pandora’s Artists to Watch in 2019 and a MusicRow 2019 Next Big Thing honoree. The singer/songwriter’s next single “Alcohol You Later” impacts at country radio later this month.
Recently, Tenpenny announced taking the celebration of his album release to the people who have supported him all along: the fans. His “Telling All My Secrets Album Release Tour” launched December 8, in Rome, Georgia with stops in 11 cities and special guests, up-and-coming artists Adam Hambrick, Seaforth and Ross Ellis. With one stop left, the tour wraps Feb. 1 in Denver, CO at The Grizzly Rose.
Following the conclusion of his “Telling All My Secrets Album Release Tour,” Mitchell Tenpenny joins Old Dominion’s “Make It Sweet Tour” from February 27 through April 27 as a special guest.
Telling All My Secrets Track Listing (with songwriters)
1. Truck I Drove in High School | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Schmidt/Andrew Albert/Devin Dawson
2. Alcohol You Later | Mitchell Tenpenny/Sam Sumser/Michael Lotten
3. All On You | Mitchell Tenpenny/Andrew Albert/Nick Fradiani/Jordan Schmidt
4. Goner | Mitchell Tenpenny/Andrew Albert/Jordan Schmidt
5. Chance Worth Taking | Mitchell Tenpenny/Josh Hoge/Matthew McVaney
6. I Get The Picture | Mitchell Tenpenny/Alex Kline/Michael Whitworth
7. Drunk Me | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Schmidt/Justin Wilson
8. Somebody’s Got Me | Mitchell Tenpenny/Hillary Lindsey/Jordan Schmidt
9. Somebody Ain’t You | Mitchell Tenpenny/Thomas Archer/Dallas Wilson
10. Telling All My Secrets | Mitchell Tenpenny/Jordan Minton/Dallas Wilson
11. Walk Like Him | Mitchell Tenpenny/Justin Ebach/Steven Dale Jones