- Audi Q5 Sportback captivates with powerful and progressive, coupe-like design
- Tailored offering brings elevated design and increased sportiness over the SUV model
- New generation of lighting technology with available digital OLED taillights
Audi announced two all-new variants for its best-selling, recently refreshed Audi Q5 model line, the 2021 Q5 Sportback and SQ5 Sportback. The arrival of these new variants brings customers expressive coupe design to an SUV with a high level of everyday usability. The Sportback variants maintain benchmark-setting connectivity services, including new MIB 3 infotainment hardware, Audi virtual cockpit fully digital instrument cluster, and head-up display.
- Audi Q5 Sportback variants exude a captivating presence similar to the brand’s other Sportback models, the A5 Sportback, A7, and fully electric e-tron Sportback.
- The Sportback offers customers an elegant, sloping roofline for those looking for expressive design and sportier stance while maintaining a high-level of everyday usability.
- Further differentiating the Sportback from the SUV, standard equipment includes:
- 19-inch 5-double arm design wheels
- Deletion of roof rails
- S line exterior
- Panoramic sunroof
- Sport front seats
- Standard LED headlights with distinctive daytime running light signature or available Matrix-design LED headlights.
- Audi SQ5 Sportback models offer next-generation OLED lighting technology as part of the Prestige trim. The OLED taillight is split into three tiles of six segments each, allowing for bright and efficient light designs with unique signatures.
- Inside, Sportback models offer 24.7 cubic feet of cargo capacity with the seats up and 51.9 cubic feet of cargo capacity with the seats folded which further emphasize the everyday usability expected from the Q5 model line.
Powertrain and performance
- The Audi Q5 Sportback utilizes a 2.0-liter TFSI® engine to generate 261 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed S tronic® dual-clutch transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive with ultra technology to deliver a class-leading 0-60 mph time of 5.7 seconds among compact premium SUVs*.
- The Audi SQ5 Sportback delivers 349 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque through its 3.0-liter TFSI® V6 engine. Its eight-speed Tiptronic® transmission is well-suited for the low-end torque of the turbocharged V6 and its gears provide quick, smooth shifts, and propels the car from 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds.
- The SQ5 Sportback also comes standard-equipped with adaptive dampers and offers an available air suspension that allows for adjustment of the ride height in addition to the firmness of the dampers, controllable via the standard Audi drive select. Available dynamic steering offers a variable steering ratio that adjusts based on vehicle speed and the Audi drive select setting.
Interior design and infotainment
- Drivers will find Sport front seats, a black headliner, Gray-Brown Birch natural wood inlays, and a panoramic sunroof all standard equipped to further elevate the interior of the Sportback model.
- Horizontal lines dominate the interior leading to the large 10.1 inch MMI® touchscreen (1,540 x 720 pixels) which serves as the focal point of the dashboard. The MMI® is backed by the all-new MIB 3 infotainment system which delivers drivers a better overall user experience through faster processing speeds and higher resolution.
- Available second-generation Audi virtual cockpit plus featuring a 12.3-inch display that offers HD resolution of 1920 x 720 pixels. The driver can choose between three viewing modes – classic, sport and dynamic. On SQ5 models, sport mode replaces the classic mode as the default view, and an S Performance mode is added, which brings the tachometer and the speedometer to the front and center of the display and allows for customizable displays to the left and right of the screen.
- Standard Audi smartphone interface provides access to wireless Apple CarPlay™ and Google™ Android Auto for compatible devices.
- The Integrated Toll Module (ITM) is standard on all Q5 models. The ITM is a toll transponder built into the vehicle’s rearview mirror, allowing drivers to access compatible toll road services in the U.S. and in parts of Canada without the need for an externally mounted transponder.
- Available Bang & Olufsen sound system with 3D sound delivers nearly true-to-life surround sound through 19 speakers, including a subwoofer and center speaker, and a 16-channel amplifier producing an output of 705 watts.
- Audi Q5 Sportback models maintain a full suite of standard and available driver assistance features, designed to help drivers confidently navigate the road and traffic.
- Standard Audi side assist provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Standard Lane departure warning helps keep the driver within the driving lane, if the lane is about to be departed, through corrective steering intervention and wheel vibration at speeds above 40 mph.
- Standard Audi pre sense rear (as part of Audi side assist) uses radar sensors in the rear bumper to help detect an impending rear-end collision, and can initiate preventative measures.
- Standard Parking system plus helps make parking easier with front and rear proximity acoustic parking sensors, when the vehicle is in both reverse and drive, at speeds under 6 mph.
- Standard Rear cross traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist and parking system plus) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can help inform the driver of approaching vehicles, and in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to fully stop the vehicle.
- Available Adaptive cruise control with Traffic Jam assist (Premium Plus and Prestige trim levels) assists the driver with acceleration and braking, maintaining speed and following distance between speeds of 0-95 mph and during traffic jam situations between speeds of 0-40 mph.
- Available Top view camera system (Premium Plus and Prestige trim levels) uses four wide-angle cameras to display the entire area surrounding, projected on the MMI® screen, allowing the driver to “see” around the vehicle to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
MSRP pricing detail
|2021 Audi Q5 Sportback||$47,800||$51,000||$56,500|
|2021 Audi SQ5 Sportback||$56,100||$59,500||$64,700|
*Prices exclude $1,095 destination charge, sales taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.