Motul, the world-class oil and lubricants company founded in 1853, celebrates the 45th edition of the Dakar Rally and its fifth year as the rally’s official lubricant partner. Motul’s long-time support of the rally continues its commitment to testing products in some of motorsports’ most grueling endurance and performance events. To commemorate the occasion, Motul USA will debut a rally-inspired and customized 2022 Jeep Wagoneer.
Beginning in 2018, the partnership has become a staple of Motul’s commitment to the most extreme forms of competitive motorsport. An homage to the 45th running of the Dakar Rally, Motul USA’s 2022 Jeep Wagoneer features a commemorative Dakar-inspired livery to highlight the brand’s fifth year as the “Official Lubricant” partner of the legendary rally. The Wagoneer also sports a custom lift, making it the first lifted WS platform Wagoneer. The modified Wagoneer will be a fixture at local off-road and desert racing events throughout 2023.
- 2022 Jeep Wagoneer Series 1 Carbide 4X4 with 5.7-liter eTorque Hemi, purchased through Motul racing partners Pfaff Motorsports and Driveway.com.
- Custom upgrades include a fifth-generation Ram 1500 3.5-inch ReadyLIFT suspension kit modified and installed by Rad Rides of Huntington Beach, California, along with custom-fabricated two-inch spacers in the rear.
- The four-wheel-drive Wagoneer rides on a set of matte black CHASE 18×8.5-inch wheels provided by Black Rhino Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich-provided 35×12.50R18 All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires.
- In addition, RIGd Supply provided an UltraSwing Multi-Fit Spare Tire Hitch Mount for spare-tire storage on the rear.
- The Dakar-inspired vinyl wrap was completed by Sticky Fingers Design of Huntington Beach, CA
- Future modifications will include an Area BFE Black Series aluminum hard-shell roof-top tent, a fridge/freezer, Gobi Racks Stealth Roof Rack and a rear ladder.
- Motul upgraded the Wagoneer fluids to Motul 8100 Eco-Lite 0W20 100% synthetic engine oil, with Gear 300 75W90 and Gear 300 75W90 LS in the differentials.
The 2023 Dakar Rally takes place from December 31 to January 15 in Saudi Arabia, where more than 1,000 competitors will race across the Arabian Peninsula, covering 5,000 kilometers (3,108 miles) via 14 stages.
2023 events calendar for the Motul Wagoneer:
- 2023 BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400 – March 8-12
- Overland Expo West – May 19-21
- Overland Expo Mountain West – August 25-27
- eBay Motors Sand Sports Super Show – September 15-17