OHANA FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES PROGRAMMING FOR STORYTELLERS STAGE
WITH CONVERSATIONS FOCUSING ON OCEANS, ACTIVISM, INDIGENOUS VOICES, ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAMMING & MORE
EDDIE VEDDER, STEVIE NICKS, AND P!NK HEADLINING FESTIVAL NEXT WEEKEND IN DANA POINT, CA
LIMITED SUNDAY TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE HERE
Ohana Festival unveils more details for the Ohana Storytellers Stage at the 6th annual festival next weekend at Doheny State Beach in Dana Point, CA. The one-of-a-kind festival’s Storytellers Stage returns this year with a collection of exhibits & panels with leading conservationists, environmentalists, researchers, and professional surfers.
This year’s Storytellers stage features conversations that exceed the realm of a typical music festival touching on an array of topics from oceans, activism, indigenous voices, activism, and much more. The programming includes:
- Louie Psihoyos & Captain Paul Watson – Psihoyos, an Academy Award Director and Environmental Filmmaker, and Watson, a marine wildlife conservation and environmental activist, will discuss the future of our planet and what we can do now to protect its future.
- Mike Coots – surfer, photographer, shark attack survivor and advocate Coots will delve into the most feared predator of our time, the Great White Shark, and what we are doing to save them.
- Sylvia Earle – The first woman to serve as Chief Scientist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and founder of Mission Blue and Deep Ocean Exploration and Research (DOER), Earle will take part in the “Woman Of The Sea” panel to discuss her astonishing 7,000 hours spent beneath the surface.
- The Ecology of Food – featuring panelists Evan Marks, Emily Murphy and Elaine Culotti, moderated by Indy Srinath, they will discuss cultivating food, community and experiences for a healthier planet.
- A full list of who will be featured on the Storyteller Stage can be found here.
Project RED, who recently partnered with the Pearl Jam tour, will also be present at Ohana Festival this year. Project RED (Reduction, Education, Distribution) is an overdose prevention initiative from the Alano Club of Portland to raise awareness about overdose prevention. They will be on site with representatives from local harm reduction and recovery organizations to distribute overdose prevention supplies and educational materials and offer training on overdose identification and prevention. There will also be information about local and national supports and services for those in or seeking recovery from substance use or mental health disorders.
The festival will be sponsored by JaM Cellars. The Napa Valley winery is partnering once again with Ohana to bring festival goers a taste of their Californian wines.
Ohana Festival will feature performances on the beachfront stage from headliners Eddie Vedder, Stevie Nicks, and P!nk. The weekend will also feature performances by Jack White, Khruangbin, St. Vincent, Brittany Howard, Billy Strings, Dermot Kennedy, Manchester Orchestra, Grouplove, The Revivalists, Broken Social Scene, Bomba Estéreo, Inhaler, Gang Of Youths, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Cautious Clay, Joy Oladokun, Dope Lemon, Briston Maroney, Kevin Morby, Kolohe Kai, Noga Erez, Madison Cunningham, Beach Goons, Devon Gilfillian, Mike Campbell & The Dirty Knobs, S.G. Goodman, Y La Bamba, CMAT, Habibi. The festival will be sponsored by JaM Cellars.
Ohana Festival was founded by Eddie Vedder in 2016 and has featured past performers including Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Strokes, Mumford & Sons, and Jack Johnson. A portion of the proceeds from Ohana will benefit the Doheny State Beach Foundation and the San Onofre Parks Foundation. A full list of Ohana participating charities include Doheny State Beach Foundation, San Onofre Parks Foundation, Surfrider Foundation – South OC Chapter, WSL PURE, Unidos South OC, Los Cerritos Wetlands Land Trust, Rob Machado Foundation, Everytown Gun Control, Music Preserves, Sea Legacy, and more.
Open to all ages, the festival will feature craft beer, wine, signature cocktails, as well as artisan food options from local restaurants and food trucks.